The German research chair, Dr. Jan Hązła at AIMS Rwanda, in collaboration with Prof. Nicola Kistler at Goethe University in Frankfurt, Germany, is organizing a workshop for young researchers. The workshop will be held on 4-9 July, 2022 at AIMS Rwanda in Kigali. It is one of the activities funded by the DAAD to promote international academics exchange as well as educational co-operation with developing countries.
The workshop is addressed to young researchers in Pure Mathematics with applied motivations in the areas of Discrete Mathematics and Discrete Probability. Among others, we are seeking submissions in the following areas:
- Theoretical computer science and related areas.
- Coding theory.
- Other topics in discrete mathematics.
- Algorithm analysis.
- Theory of spin glasses.
- Social choice and opinion exchange models.
The topics submitted do not have to match any of these areas exactly.
Each participant will be expected to present a talk. The presentation must be based on the academic research of the participant:
- It can be based on partial results, provided they are of sufficient interest.
- The work does not have to be original, provided it is of sufficient interest and quality (but originality is a plus).
- Presentations based on an outstanding AIMS research thesis can be submitted.
The work should be presented clearly and understandably for a general mathematical audience.
Please send completed applications by email to email@example.com with subject line containing “DAAD workshop”. Applicants should submit the documents in a single PDF file.
If you are also applying for the PhD or postdoc fellowship, you may (but you do not have to) send one email and attach two PDF files with two applications. Even if there is some repetition in the applications, for ease of processing we ask you to include full information in both applications.
- Title and short abstract (max 6 sentences).
- A short (max 1 page) description of the project, motivation, and results (or expected results if the work is not yet completed).
- Curriculum Vitae.
- University transcript (if applicable; for AIMS students please provide the AIMS transcript).
- Copy of passport or national ID.
The deadline for the applications is May 15, 2022.
- Travel costs, including visa, COVID testing etc. will be fully covered, if applicable.
- Accommodation and food at AIMS Rwanda will be covered.
DISCLAIMER: AIMS Rwanda and Goethe University reserve the right to disqualify ineligible, incomplete and/or inappropriate applications. AIMS also reserves the right to modify or cancel the application process or to extend the deadline for applications. Only successful applicants will be contacted.