The African Institute for Mathematical Sciences (AIMS) is a pan-African network of centres of excellence for postgraduate training in mathematical sciences, research and public engagement in STEM. Its mission is to enable Africa’s brightest students to flourish as independent thinkers, problem solvers and innovators capable of propelling Africa’s future scientific, educational and economic self-sufficiency. The first AIMS centre opened in Cape Town, South Africa in 2003; since 2011, AIMS has opened additional centres in Senegal, Ghana, Cameroon and Rwanda.
Each AIMS Centre provides expertly tailored academic and non-academic programs, training around 50 African students each year and preparing them for leadership in the domains of academia, government and industry. The AIMS academic program relies on top international lecturers who teach in a 24-hour learning environment.
If you bring a collaborative spirit with a passion to effect change, consider this opportunity as the…
Communications Intern, AIMS Rwanda!
The Communications Intern will support the Communications Department in design, event planning, media engagement, content drafting and day-to-day operations.
Working with the Communications Coordinator, you will craft engaging and persuasive written content for various communication channels, such as blogs, articles, press releases, and social media posts; support in developing creative and strategic copy to promote our programs and events. You will assist in producing promotional materials, event banners, social media visuals, and other design assets, you will support various departments with their content creation needs, ensuring brand consistency and high-quality output. In addition you will draft various communications documents, including briefing notes, fact sheets, presentations, and reports.
As the ideal candidate, you will maintain and update website, ensure information is correct and up to date. Ensure all AIMS Rwanda related events & media have the correct logos, branding and quality, help in creating narrative reports for sponsors to show their impact. Additionally, you will be updating all AIMS Rwanda social media platforms with videos and all kinds of information that will boost AIMS Rwanda’s public engagement.
This is a 6 months’ internship opportunity based at AIMS Rwanda Centre in Kigali.
Do you have what we need?
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, public relations, journalism, or a related field (other degrees accepted with relevant experience in blogging, writing, public relations, digital marketing, or public engagement).
- Understanding of media relations and digital media strategies.
- Strong editing and research skills.
- Excellent communication abilities, both oral and written.
- Fluency in English and working knowledge of French.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Proficiency in MS Office; familiarity with editing and content management systems is a plus.
- Ability to thrive in a multicultural environment.
- Demonstrates integrity and ethical standards.
- A portfolio showcasing previous writing and communication projects, including blog links.
Are you ready to be a part of the transformation?
Click on this link to apply. Applications will be accepted until October 15, 2023.
Should no feedback be received from AIMS within four weeks of your submission, kindly accept that
your application will not be further pursued. AIMS-NEI reserves the right not to make an appointment
at its sole discretion.
AIMS I is an equal opportunity employer. Visit www.nexteinstein.org to learn more about AIMS.