Climate change represents one of humanity’s greatest challenges of the 21st century. The continued ascent of our species depends to a significant extent on our ability to limit further catastrophic changes to the climate and to adapt to both past and future changes. In many parts of the world, changes in climatic variables – including incessant increases in temperature and declines in precipitation – are already having detrimental impacts on food security, human health, energy, biodiversity, etc. Some of these impacts further alter the climate – e.g. plant biodiversity loss reduces CO2sequestration, contributing to temperature rises – creating positive feedback loops with increasingly perilous consequences for humanity.
Flickr Album Gallery
Flickr Album Gallery Pro Powered By: Weblizar
- AIMS Cameroon and Mastercard Foundation Run Online Innovation Challenge. August 28, 2020
- AIMS Alumnus impacts the needy in Reno August 18, 2020
- AIMS Alumnus at the service of his community during the COVID-19 outbreak August 17, 2020
- Harnessing home-grown talent for the advancement of Africa August 12, 2020
- Fields and Perimeter Support the African Institute for Mathematical Sciences Next Einstein Initiative July 9, 2020